|2014 Super GT Season|
The GT500 cars for the season.
|Number of races||8|
|First race||2014 Okayama GT 300 km|
|Last race||2014 Motegi GT 250 km|
|Tyre Suppliers||B - M - Y - D|
The 2014 Super GT season (2014年のSUPER GT 2014-nen no SUPER GT) will be the 21th season of the JGTC and the 8th season of the Super GT-era. When it was announced that there will be 9 rounds in total, the South Korean round got cancelled, and the season's rounds was dropped to 8, with the 6th round still being the 1000 km Suzuka. And without announcing a special round at the end of the season, no special races will be held for this season. The season will start on 6th April in Okayama and will end on 16th November in Motegi after eight races.
|Date||Circuit||Event distance||Pole Position (GT500)||Fastest Lap (GT500)||Winner (GT500)||Pole Position (GT300)||Fastest Lap (GT300)||Winner (GT300)||Report|
|Round 1||5th April - 6th April||Okayama International Circuit||300 km|| Kazuya Oshima
| Kazuya Oshima
| Daisuke Ito
| Morio Nitta
| Morio Nitta
| Nobuteru Taniguchi
|Round 2||3rd May - 4th May||Fuji International Speedway||500 km|| Hironobu Yasuda
JP de Oliveira
| Hironobu Yasuda
JP de Oliveira
| Hironobu Yasuda
JP de Oliveira
| Kazuki Hoshino
| Kazuho Takahashi
| Nobuteru Taniguchi
|Round 3||31th May - 1st June||Autopolis International Racing Course||300 km|| Tsugio Matsuda
| Tsugio Matsuda
| Tsugio Matsuda
| Kota Sasaki
| Shinichi Takagi
| Shinichi Takagi
|Round 4||19th July - 20th July||Sportsland Sugo||300 km||Report|
|Round 5||8th August - 9th August - 10th August||Fuji International Speedway||300 km||Report|
|Round 6||30th August - 31th August||Suzuka Circuit||1000 km||Report|
|Round 7||4th October - 5th October||Buriram United International Circuit||TBA||Report|
|Round 8||15th November - 16th November||Twin Ring Motegi||250 km||Report|
|Test Session||Date||Circuit||Testing Type||Report|
|#1||15th - 16th March||Okayama International Circuit||Pre-Season Testing||Report|
|#2||10th - 11th May||Sportsland SUGO||?||Report|
|#3||27th - 28th June||Suzuka Circuit||?||Report|
|#4||15th November||Twin Ring Motegi||?||Report|
|1||ZENT CERUMO RC-F GT|| Yuji Tachikawa
|Lexus Team ZENT CERUMO||B|
|6||ENEOS SUSTINA RC-F GT|| Kazuya Oshima
|Lexus Team LeMans ENEOS||B|
|8||ARTA NSX CONCEPT-GT|| Kosuke Matsuura
|Autobacs Racing Team Aguri||B|
|12||CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R|| Hironobu Yasuda
João Paulo Lima de Oliveira
|17||KEIHIN NSX CONCEPT-GT|| Koudai Tsukakoshi
|Keihin Real Racing||B|
|18||Weider Modulo NSX CONCEPT-GT|| Naoki Yamamoto
Jean-Karl Vernay (Rd.1-3)
Frédéric Makowiecki (Rd.4-7)
Takuya Izawa (Rd.8)
|Dome Racing Team||M|
|19||WedsSport ADVAN RC-F GT|| Juichi Wakisaka
|23||MOTUL AUTECH GT-R|| Tsugio Matsuda
|24||D'Station ADVAN GT-R|| Michael Krumm
|32||EPSON NSX CONCEPT-GT|| Daisuke Nakajima
|Epson Nakajima Racing||D|
|36||PETRONAS TOM'S RC-F GT|| Kazuki Nakajima (Rd.1,4-8)
Ryo Hirakawa (Rd.2-3)
|Lexus Team Petronas TOM'S||B|
|37||KeePer TOM'S RC-F GT|| Daisuke Ito
Ryo Hirakawa (reserve)
|39||DENSO KOBELCO RC-F GT|| Oliver Jarvis
|Lexus Team SARD||B|
|46||S ROAD MOLA GT-R|| Masataka Yanagida
|100||RAYBRIG NSX CONCEPT-GT|| Takashi Kogure
|0||MUGEN CR-Z GT|| Tomoki Nojiri
Ryo Michigami (Rd.6)
|2||McLaren MP4-12C GT3|| Kazuho Takahashi
Hiroshi Hamaguchi (Rd.6)
|Cars Tokai Dream28||Y|
|3||B-MAX GT-R NISMO GT3|| Kazuki Hoshino
Wolfgang Reip (Rd.6)
|NDDP Racing with B-MAX||Y|
|4||GSR & Team Ukyo BMW Z4 GT3|| Nobuteru Taniguchi
|5||Mach Syaken with TRANSFORMERS 30th GT-R GT3|| Tetsuji Tamanaka
Junichiro Yamashita (Rd.1-2)
Kazuya Tsuruta (Rd.2)
Naoya Yamano (Rd.3)
|7||BMW Motorsport Z4 GT3|| Seiji Ara
Augusto Farfus, Jr. (Rd.6)
|BMW Sports Trophy Team Studie||Y|
|9||KOKURITSU-ON NO KISAKA GAKUIN NAC Porsche with DR|| Takuya Shirasaka
André Couto (Rd.3-7)
Yuya Sakamoto (Rd.1-2,8)
Taiyo Iida (Rd.2)
|Pacific Direction Racing||Y|
|10||GAINER Rn-sports DIXCEL SLS|| Masayuki Ueda
|11||GAINER Zona DIXCEL SLS|| Katsuyuki Hiranaka
|21||Audi R8 LMS ultra GT3|| Tomonobu Fujii
Richard Lyons (Rd.1,3-8)
Carlo van Dam (Rd.2)
Christopher Haase (Rd.6)
|Audi Sport Hitotsuyama Racing||Y|
|22||GREEN TEC SLS AMG GT3|| Hisashi Wada
Takeshi Tsuchiya (Rd.1-3)
Tetsuya Tanaka (Rd.4)
Masaki Jyonai (Rd.5-)
|30||IWASAKI GT-R GT3|| Yuki Iwasaki
|31||OGT Panasonic PRIUS GT|| Morio Nitta
Yuichi Nakayama (Rd.6)
|33||PUMA KRH PORSCHE|| Akihiro Tsuzuki
Tim Bergmeister (Rd.1-2,6)
Kyosuke Mineo (Rd.3,5)
Jörg Bergmeister (Rd.4,6)
|48||Snap-on DIJON Racing GT-R|| Hiroshi Takamori
Keiichi Inoue (Rd.2)
|50||WAKO'S Exe Aston Martin|| Masaki Kano
[THA] Nanin Indra-Payoong (Rd.2,6,7)
|55||ARTA CR-Z GT|| Shinichi Takagi
|Autobacs Racing Team Aguri||B|
|60||TWS LM corsa BMW Z4|| Akira Iida
|61||R&D Sport Subaru BRZ|| Takuto Iguchi
|65||LEON SLS|| Haruki Kurosawa
Kyosuke Mineo (Rd.1-2)
Tsubasa Kurosawa (Rd.2-8)
|67||STP Taisan GAIA POWER GT-R (Rd.1-6)
Ferrari 458 GT3 (Rd.7-8)
| Naoki Yokomizo
|86||CRYSTAL KUROCO Lamborghini Gallardo GT3|| Koji Yamanishi
|88||MANEPA Lamborghini Gallardo GT3|| Manabu Orido
Kazuki Hiramine (Rd.6)
|360||OKINAWA-IMP RUNUP GT-R GT3|| Atsushi Tanaka (Rd.1-3)
Hiroki Yoshida (Rd.1-2,4)
Ryuki Fujita (Rd.2-4)
|Nobuteru Taniguchi||23rd December, 2013||Goodsmile Racing||GT300||Online|
|Tatsuya Kataoka||23rd December, 2013||Goodsmile Racing||GT300||Online|
|Haruki Kurosawa||10th January, 2014||LEON Racing||GT300||Tokyo Auto Salon|
|Kyosuke Mineo||10th January, 2014||LEON Racing||GT300||Tokyo Auto Salon|
|Kota Sasaki||10th January, 2014||R&D Sport||GT300||Tokyo Auto Salon|
|Takuto Iguchi||10th January, 2014||R&D Sport||GT300||Tokyo Auto Salon|
|Kazuho Takahashi||24th January, 2014||Cars Tokai Dream28||GT300||Online|
|Hiroki Katoh||24th January, 2014||Cars Tokai Dream28||GT300||Online|
|Katsuyuki Hiranaka||24th January, 2014||GAINER||GT300||Online|
|All Toyota & Lexus drivers||30th January, 2014||All Toyota & Lexus teams||GT500 & GT300||Toyota Motorsports Fan Meeting|
|Masaki Kano||30th January, 2014||Arnage Racing||GT300||Online|
|Hideto Yasuoka||30th January, 2014||Arnage Racing||GT300||Online|
|Atsushi Tanaka||2nd February, 2014||OKINAWA-IMP RUNUP||GT300||Online|
|Hiroki Yoshida||2nd February, 2014||OKINAWA-IMP RUNUP||GT300||Online|
|Björn Wirdheim||2nd February, 2014||GAINER||GT300||Online|
|Masayuki Ueda||2nd February, 2014||GAINER||GT300||Online|
|Hideki Yamauchi||2nd February, 2014||GAINER||GT300||Online|
|All Honda drivers||7th February, 2014||All Honda teams||GT500 & GT300||Honda Motorsports Fan Meeting|
|Juichi Wakisaka||10th February, 2014||Team Bandoh||GT500||Online|
|Yuhi Sekiguchi||10th February, 2014||Team Bandoh||GT500||Online|
|All Nissan drivers||14th February, 2014||All Nissan teams||GT500 & GT300||Online|
|23rd February, 2014||Yokohama|
|Seiji Ara||17th February, 2014||BMW Sports Trophy Team Studie||GT300||?|
|Jörg Müller||17th February, 2014||BMW Sports Trophy Team Studie||GT300||?|
|Richard Lyons||22nd February, 2014||Hitotsuyama Racing||GT300||Online|
|Tomonobu Fujii||22nd February, 2014||Hitotsuyama Racing||GT300||Online|
|Naoki Yokomizo||23rd February, 2014||Team Taisan||GT300||?|
|Shogo Mitsuyama||23rd February, 2014||Team Taisan||GT300||?|
|Hisashi Wada||26th February, 2014||R'Qs Motorsports||GT300||Online|
|Masaki Jyonai||26th February, 2014||R'Qs Motorsports||GT300||Online|
|Yuki Iwasaki||27th February, 2014||apr||GT300||Online|
|Masami Kageyama||27th February, 2014||apr||GT300||Online|
|Akihiro Tsuzuki||28th February, 2014||Team KTR||GT300||Official GT300 Entry List|
|Hiroshi Takamori||Dijon Racing|
|Tetsuji Tamanaka||Team Mach|
|Hiroki Yoshimoto||LM corsa|
|Akira Iida||LM corsa|
|Ryo Hirakawa||15th March, 2014||Team TOM'S||GT500||Okayama (as reserve driver)|
|André Couto||22th March, 2014||Direction Racing||GT300||Online|
|Takuya Shirasaka||22th March, 2014||Direction Racing||GT300||Online|
|Yuya Sakamoto||22th March, 2014||Direction Racing||GT300||Online|
|Taiyo Iida||22th March, 2014||Direction Racing||GT300||Online|
|Takeshi Tsuchiya||4th April, 2014||R'Qs Motorsports||GT300||Okayama|
* = Scheduled date.
- A new team might partipicate in the GT500 class, but was not realised.
- Nissan planned to make a new team to partipicate in the season, but it was not realised.
- Goodsmile Racing will expand from one single car to two cars. The main team, GSR & Team Ukyo will have car number #4, with the secondary team having number #7.
- The tire manufacturer, Hankook, will withdraw from the series. Team KTR will stay in the series with a new project.
- Cars Tokai Dream28 will not have the Evangelion sponsor for the team.
- Team Shift will end alliance with OKINAWA-IMP. However, Tomei Sports will partner with Okinawa-IMP.
- Team Taisan will revive the old STP livery from 1990.
- The car number for LEON Racing was supposed to be 62, but switched to 65.
- Frédéric Makowiecki rejected his contract for Dome Racing Team. He will move to WEC, becoming Porsche's factory driver. However, IMSA Performance Matmut driver Jean-Karl Vernay will replace him for Dome Racing Team. After Round 3 it ws confirmed that Makowiecki will return to the series.
- During a press conference with R&D Sport driver Tetsuya Yamano, he stated that he will retire from Super GT. It was confirmed, and he was replaced by Takuto Iguchi.
- Team SARD will not contract Wakisaka this year, but he will not retire from Super GT. Instead, he will join Team Bandoh. British driver Oliver Jarvis will replace him for the team, leaving him for a drive with Team Bandoh, partnering with Yuhi Sekiguchi.
- Super Formula driver Ryo Hirakawa joins the series for Team TOM'S as a reserve driver.
- During the rookie test session at Sepang, Nakajima Racing invited Belgian sportscar driver Bertrand Baguette to drive for the team. Baguette will join the series since the two Belgian drivers Marc Goossens and Patrick van Schoote joined the series from 1998 until 2002, where there was no Belgian driver fom 2003 until 2013.
- Team Mugen driver Hideki Mutoh returns back to the GT500 class since 2011. He will drive for Team Kunimitsu this season.
- Hankook KTR driver Tomonobu Fujii will say goodbye to Team KTR, and contracted to Hitotsuyama Racing. However, Masami Kageyama left the team and joined apr Racing, leaving Akihiro Tsuzuki hired for the team.
- After driving for Team Taisan, Kyosuke Mineo will move to LEON Racing, with Tsubasa Kurosawa being the third driver for the season. Shogo Mitsuyama later joins Team Taisan.
- Daiki Sasaki will step up to the GT500 class, driving for Kondo Racing. Lucas Ordóñez is put in NDDP Racing.
- Hironobu Yasuda will move from Kondo Racing to Team Impul, partnering with Oliveira since 2010.
- Tsugio Matsuda will partner with Ronnie Quintarelli since 2010, driving for the Nismo team.
- Masataka Yanagida will return to MOLA Racing, partnering with three-time champion Satoshi Motoyama.
- Takuya Izawa will leave the series and join GP2 Series for 2014.
- Without Tetsuya Tanaka getting a drive for the GAINER team, Hideki Yamauchi will join the team, partnering with Masayuki Ueda. Tanaka might join Dijon Racing.
- Former Formula One driver Vitantonio Liuzzi gets hired for Honda and will drive for Autobacs Racing Team Aguri, partnering with Kosuke Matsuura. Ralph Firman is currently left without a drive.
- Ryo Michigami will not race for this season, but he will be an executive advisor for Team Mugen.
- Autobacs Racing Team Aguri's third driver for GT300, Tomoki Nojiri, will join the series for Team Mugen, partnering with Yuhki Nakayama.
- Having no drive for GT500, Seiji Ara will join Team Studie, partnering with BMW factory driver Jörg Müller.
- Hiroki Yoshimoto left JLOC to join the new LM corsa team.
- Akira Iida will return to the series after spending his career in other motorsport series since 2008, where his final race was at Motegi after substituting Daisuke Ito. He will drive for the new LM corsa team, partnering with Yoshimoto.
- André Couto left Team Bandoh and joins Direction Racing. Takuya Shirasaka left Tomei Sports and also joined the team. However, Yuya Sakamoto will be the driver for the first round until the second round, and Couto was accountede to be the driver of the team from Round 3 until Round 7, where the drive will be given back to Sakamoto for the last round.
- Takeshi Tsuchiya will be the second driver for the first round of the season. It might be his last race in the series, but however, Jyonai is not ready to race and he is still as the driver for the next rounds.
- Richard Lyons was replaced by Carlo van Dam for the next race at Fuji.
- Naoya Yamano replaced Junichiro Yamashita for Team Mach and Ryuki Fujita replaced Hiroki Yoshida for Team RUNUP in Round 3.
- Frédéric Makowiecki: Dome Racing Team (driver) → World Endurance Championship (Porsche - GTE Pro)
- Jean-Karl Vernay: World Endurance Championship (IMSA Performance Matmut - GTE Am) → Dome Racing Team (driver)
- Juichi Wakisaka: Team SARD (driver) → Team Bandoh (driver)
- Yuhi Sekiguchi: MOLA Racing (driver) → Team Bandoh (driver)
- Hideki Mutoh: Team Mugen (driver) → Team Kunimitsu (driver)
- Tomonobu Fujii: Team KTR (driver) → Hitotsuyama Racing (driver)
- Tetsuya Tanaka: GAINER (driver) → unknown
- Hideki Yamauchi: JLOC (driver) → GAINER (driver)
- Bertrand Baguette: World Endurance Championship (OAK Racing - LMP2) → Nakajima Racing (driver)
- Ryo Michigami: Nakajima Racing (driver) → retirement from Super GT racing (but works as an executive advisor for Team Mugen)
- Vitantonio Liuzzi: Superstars Series → Autobacs Racing Team Aguri (driver)
- Ralph Firman: Autobacs Racing Team Aguri (driver) → no drive
- Tomoki Nojiri: Autobacs Racing Team Aguri (third driver) → Team Mugen (driver)
- Tetsuya Yamano: R&D Sport (driver) → retirement
- Takuto Iguchi: R&D Sport (third driver) → R&D Sport (driver)
- Hiroki Yoshida: no drive → Tomei Sports (driver)
- Takuya Shirasaka: Tomei Sports (driver) → no drive
- Masanobu Kato: LEON Racing (driver) → no drive
- Kyosuke Mineo: Team Taisan (driver) → LEON Racing (driver)
- Oliver Jarvis: no drive → Team SARD (driver)
- Lucas Ordóñez: NDDP Racing (as third driver) & NISMO Athlete Global Team (FSC driver) → NDDP Racing (driver)
- Daiki Sasaki: NDDP Racing (driver) → Kondo Racing (driver)
- Tsugio Matsuda: Team IMPUL (driver) → NISMO (driver)
- Hironobu Yasuda: Kondo Racing (driver) → Team IMPUL (driver)
- Masataka Yanagida: NISMO (driver) → MOLA Racing (driver)
- Takuya Izawa: Team Kunimitsu (driver) → GP2 Series
- Seiji Ara: Team Bandoh (driver) → Team Studie (driver)
- Jörg Müller: Goodsmile Racing (third driver) → Team Studie (driver)
- Shogo Mitsuyama: Direction Racing (driver) → Team Taisan (driver)
- Masami Kageyama: Team KTR (driver) → apr Racing (driver)
- Akihiro Tsuzuki: Hitotsuyama Racing (driver) → Team KTR (driver)
- Igor Sushko: Bonds Racing (driver) → no drive
- Hiroki Yoshimoto: JLOC (driver) → LM corsa (driver)
- Akira Iida: retirement in the series → LM corsa (driver)
- [[Ryo Hirakawa]: Super Formula → Team TOM'S (reserve)
- Takuya Shirasaka: Tomei Sports (driver) → Direction Racing (driver)
- André Couto: Team Bandoh (driver) → Direction Racing (driver)
- The South Korean round has been cancelled due to several reasons.
Point Ranking (not updated)
Driver's Championship (in progress)
- Bold text indicates pole position, italic text indicates fastest lap.
- For the unofficial Manufacturer's Championship, see here.
- Honda will run the new Honda NSX Concept-GT, replacing the Honda HSV-010 GT.
- Lexus will run the new Lexus LF-CC GT, replacing the Lexus SC430. Later, the car was renamed to Lexus RC-F GT.
- Nissan will still run the Nissan GT-R (R35) with a DTM-styled bodykit.
- "2014年韓国大会の開催中止を発表" SUPERGT.net, 16th December 2013
- TEAMS & DRIVERS 2014 Series TEAM & DRIVERS | SUPER GT OFFICIAL WEBSITE (28th February 2014)
- GOODSMILERACING 2014 SUPER GT 参戦発表会レポート Nobuteru Taniguchi Official Website (23rd December 2013)
- 童夢、マコウィッキとの契約を解除。家族を尊重 AUTOSPORTweb (14th December 2013)
- "戦力外通告" Juichi Blog (3rd December 2013)
- 脇阪寿一のバンドウ加入が正式決定！ 僚友は関口 AUTOSPORTweb (10th February 2014)
- "今季WECのLMP2王者がGT500セパンテストに参加" AUTOSPORTweb (12th December 2013)
- タイサン、今季はGT-Rに！ 横溝＆密山がコンビ AUTOSPORT web (23rd February 2014)
- RACES 2014 Series FUJI ENTRY | SUPER GT OFFICIAL WEBSITE (21st April 2014)
|V T E||2014 Super GT Season|
|Teams (GT500)||Lexus Team ZENT CERUMO • Lexus Team ENEOS LeMans • Autobacs Racing Team Aguri • Team Impul • Keihin Real Racing • Weider Modulo Dome Racing • Lexus Team WedsSport Bandoh • Nismo • Kondo Racing • Nakajima Racing • Lexus Team Petronas TOM'S • Lexus Team KeePer TOM'S • Lexus Team SARD • MOLA Racing • Team Kunimitsu|
|Tyres||M • Y • B • D|
|Drivers (GT500)||1 Tachikawa / Hirate • 6 Oshima / Kunimoto • 8 Matsuura / Liuzzi • 12 Yasuda / Oliveira • 17 Tsukakoshi / Kaneishi • 18 Yamamoto / Vernay • 19 Wakisaka / Sekiguchi • 23 Matsuda / Quintarelli • 24 Sasaki / Krumm • 32 Daisuke Nakajima / Baguette • 36 Kazuki Nakajima / Rossiter • 37 Ito / Caldarelli • 39 Ishiura / Jarvis • 46 Yanagida / Motoyama • 100 Kogure / Mutoh|
|Drivers (GT300)||0 Nakayama / Nojiri • 2 Takahashi / Katoh • 3 Hoshino / Ordóñez • 4 Taniguchi / Kataoka • 7 Ara / Müller • 10 Ueda / Yamauchi • 11 Hiranaka / Wirdheim • 31 Nitta / Saga • 50 Kano / Yasuoka • 55 Takagi / Kobayashi • 61 Iguchi / Sasaki • 62 Kurosawa / Mineo • 360 Tanaka / Yoshida|
|Other Drivers||Indra-Payoong • Kurosawa|
|Cars||RC-F GT • GT-R (R35) • NSX Concept-GT • Z4 GT3 (MY14) • BRZ GT • SLS AMG GT3 • GT-R NISMO GT3 (MY14) • 997 RSR (MY13) • R8 LMS ultra GT3|
|Circuits||Okayama • Fuji • Autopolis • SUGO • Suzuka • Buriram • Motegi|
|Races||2014 Okayama GT 300 km • 2014 Fuji GT 500 km • Autopolis 300 km • SUGO 300 km • Fuji 300 km • Suzuka 1000 km • Buriram • Motegi 250 km|
|Tests||2014 Suzuka Joint Test • 2014 Okayama Test • 2014 SUGO Test • 2014 Suzuka Test • 2014 Motegi Test|
|See also||2013 Super GT Season • 2015 Super GT Season • Category|