|2006 Japanese Super GT season|
The 2006 Super GT Season (2006年のSUPER GT 2006-nen no SUPER GT) was the 13th season of the JGTC and the 2nd season of the Super GT. The season had expanded from eight to nine races, being held at Suzuka Circuit and Fuji International Speedway 2 times.
Both Juichi Wakisaka and André Lotterer took the Driver's Championship without a single pole position or a fastest lap, but they took only one victory.
|1||ZENT CERUMO SC|| Yuji Tachikawa
Ronnie Quintarelli (Rd.6)
|TOYOTA TEAM CERUMO||B|
|3||YellowHat YMS TOMICA Z|| Naoki Yokomizo
João Paulo Lima de Oliveira
Darren Manning (Rd.6)
|6||Mobil 1 SC|| Akira Iida
Björn Wirdheim (Rd.6)
|Mobil 1 TOYOTA Team LeMans||B|
|8||ARTA NSX|| Daisuke Ito
[IRL] Ralph Firman
Toshihiro Kaneishi (Rd.6)
|Team Honda Racing*||B|
|12||CALSONIC IMPUL Z|| Benoit Tréluyer
Jeremie Dufour (Rd.6)
|18||TAKATA DOME NSX|| Ryo Michigami
Katsutomo Kaneishi (Rd.6)
|Team Honda Racing*||B|
|22||MOTUL AUTECH Z|| Michael Krumm
Sakon Yamamoto (Rd.1-3)
→ Richard Lyons (Rd.4-)
Fabio Carbone (Rd.6)
|23||XANAVI NISMO Z|| Satoshi Motoyama
Yuji Ide (Rd.6)
|24||WOODONE ADVAN KONDO Z|| Masataka Yanagida
Érik Comas (Rd.1-4,6)
→ Seiji Ara (Rd.5-)
|25||ECLIPSE ADVAN SUPRA|| Manabu Orido
Hideki Noda (Rd.6)
|TOYOTA TEAM TSUCHIYA||Y|
|32||EPSON NSX|| Loïc Duval
|35||BANDAI DIREZZA SC430|| Naoki Hattori
Eiichi Tajima (Rd.6)
|TOYOTA TEAM KRAFT||D|
|36||OPEN INTERFACE TOM'S SC430|| Juichi Wakisaka
Adrian Sutil (Rd.6)
|TOYOTA TEAM TOM'S||B|
|66||triple a SARD Supra GT|| André Couto
Soheil Ayari (Rd.6)
|TOYOTA TEAM SARD||B|
|100||RAYBRIG NSX|| Sébastien Philippe
* = Both these teams are given the name, but they are originally known as
|V T E||Autobacs Racing Team Aguri|
Aguri Suzuki · Keiichi Tsuchiya
|Former Notable Personnel|
Kosuke Matsuura · Vitantonio Liuzzi
[IRE] Ralph Firman (2005-2013) · Takashi Kobayashi (2010-2012) · Hideki Mutoh (2011) · Takuya Izawa (2008-2009) · Daisuke Ito (2004-2007) · Yuji Ide (2007,2010) · Katsutomo Kaneishi (2001-2004) · Toshihiro Kaneishi (2003,2006) · Keiichi Tsuchiya (2000-2003)
Ito / Firman (2007)
2001 · 2007 · 2013
and Dome Racing Team.
- Team Le Mans driver Juichi Wakisaka and Nakajima Racing driver André Lotterer will move to Team TOM'S, both replacing Japanese Takeshi Tsuchiya and Australian James Courtney. Tsuchiya will move to Team Tsuchiya, partnering with Manabu Orido.
- After driving for Nakajima Racing, Japanese driver Tsugio Matsuda will move to Team Nismo, driving for car #23.
- French rookie Loïc Duval and Japanese rookie Hideki Mutoh will both drive for the Nakajima Racing.
- After driving for Team TOM'S with car number #37, Tatsuya Kataoka will move to Team Le Mans, partnering with Akira Iida.
- French Hasemi Motorsport driver Érik Comas will move to Kondo Racing.
- After driving for Team Nismo with teammate Satoshi Motoyama, Richard Lyons will not get a drive for the 2006 season.
- Brazilian rookie João Paulo Lima de Oliveira will join the season, driving for Hasemi Motorsport.
- Hasemi Motorsport driver Toshihiro Kaneishi will not drive for the 2006 season.
- Driving for Team KRAFT in previous year, with car number #34, Naoki Yoomizo will move to Hasemi Motorsport.
- After a drive with the Nismo team, Masataka Yanagida will move to Kondo Racing.
- Katsuyuki Hiranaka will move from GT300 to GT500, driving for Team SARD, partnering with André Couto.
- French driver Jeremie Dufour will not partipicate in the season, getting replaced by Shinya Hosokawa for Team Kunimitsu.
For the 6th round held at Suzuka, in a total of 1000 kilometres, the points system has been changed. The Top 15 finishers will get points when they finish 15th or higher.
|Race Standings (Suzuka 1000km)||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th||8th||9th||10th||11th||12th||13th||14th||15th|
During the qualifying session, when drivers reach the Top 3, they will get extra points until the end of the race.
During the race, when drivers set their fastest lap time in the Top 3, they will get extra points until the end of the race.
|Fastest Lap during Race||1st||2nd||3rd|
- Bold text indicates pole position, italic text indicates fastest lap.